Click4Assistance UK Live Chat Software

PCV & Minibus Driver Training

PCV & Minibus Driver Training

Mini Bus & Passenger Carrying Vehicles (PCVs) Defensive Driving Course

Group Size This is the most popular one-day driver training course format for groups of between 2 to 12 drivers at a time. We will need a room for the theory session and sufficient vehicles for the in vehicle training (IVT). We can supply all audio visual equipment.  Most courses start at 9:00 am and finish at approximately 4:00 p.m. but start and finish times are flexible to suit your operational requirements.

The Theory Session, which lasts about two hours, starts with an examination of the reasons for the course - health and safety, road risk and the specifics of driving a passenger carrying vehicle e.g. licensing requirements and drivers' hours. We then look at the principles of defensive driving where the delegates are encouraged to debate the problems that they face on the road and examine the most common accident situations, what causes them and look at how they can be avoided. Manoeuvring and parking is often a high claims problem that can be discussed in the classroom to identify best practice.

The In Vehicle Driver Training starts with a vehicle inspection and an eyesight check. Each delegate then has an assessment drive so that we can establish an idea of their ability. Our Instructor will then give a demonstration drive with a commentary to demonstrate just how far ahead it is possible to plan. The principles of a "Systematic" approach based on the police driving manual "Roadcraft" will be demonstrated in this drive.  Delegates then take a second turn behind the wheel and receive helpful tuition and advice aimed at improving observation anticipation and planning.  Specific manoeuvring exercises can be built into the programme. The session ends with feedback for the delegates and a review of the day

In Vehicle Training Ratios  can be two or three delegates per instructor day.

Alternative Course Formats

Seminar followed by In Vehicle Driver Training

Theory session seminars can be held at a time to suit e.g. pre or post shift or at weekends.  The practical session can then be held over the following days and with some pre-planning can often be incorporated into the delivery schedule.  This is a format often chosen by schools where we are training teaching staff.  The seminar and practical sessions are scheduled around the school timetable.

On the Job Driver Training is available and can be accommodated into a normal shift pattern.  If feasible we can arrange a rendezvous point mid shift so that the instructor can train up to two drivers per day.

Driver Reports

After the course each driver will receive a Certificate of Attendance and a full written report which will highlight any areas that can be improved. If we identify any drivers who we feel would benefit from further help, their report is fast tracked and we will discreetly contact you and arrange a further 1:1 in vehicle session.
You will also receive feedback on other items such as vehicle condition, eyesight checks and any other safety related suggestions that may help.

Defensive Driver Training

We are one of the UK’s leading corporate driver training companies specialising in providing Defensive and Advanced driving courses to wide variety of clients from almost every sector of the UK economy including banking, property, petro- chemical, pharmaceutical, electricity & gas, energy generation and distribution, local authorities, NHS Trusts and government agencies... read more

Contact Details

Location Address:

Defensive Driver Training Ltd, Pure Offices, Broadwell Road, Oldbury, West Midlands,
B69 4BY.

Email Address: